40th Reunion - After Action Report

Use this forum for discussions concerning classmates, friends and family and general topics about the Class of 1965 and the Academy.

Moderator: Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts
Site Admin
SPAM Control: No
Enter the number 5: 5

40th Reunion - After Action Report

Post by Bill Roberts »

This was the first reunion I've attended, hopefully it won't be the last! I had a wonderful time visiting old friends, especially my 7th Sq. comrades. I get the impression they move all the class into different squadrons after 4th class year these days. What a shame.

Much appreciation to the guys from 8th that welcomed me Wednesday night and the others that put up with me until the rest of 7th showed up.

I was very favorably impressed with the new Supe. If he's as good as he looks and sounds, it will be a great administration.

It was strange to see doolies walking at ease in November, but they were courteous and respectful. I really enjoyed the visit with the cadets Friday. They asked good, sensible questions and got good answers (in my humble opinion).

It was a good football game, but it would have been MUCH better if AF had won.

I hope Bart putting in a word for this Forum gets more of us on board.

'65 is still Best Alive!
NoleGal
Enter the number 5: 1

Post by NoleGal »

Watching all of you sit around tables and swap tales of lore and legend about your service was an amazing experience.

I'm really proud to have shared this experience with all of you.

I can't wait 'til the next reunion!

Caitrin Muldoon
Daughter of Maj. Michael D. Muldoon (Ret.)
5th Squadron (y'know - the crazy one!)
wlangley
Enter the number 5: 1

More 40th Reunion

Post by wlangley »

It was a good time--we were all lucky to have met 44 years ago and to be able to still enjoy time together coming from all of our different paths. There was talk of a 19th Sqdn mini-reunion in the DC area in the next couple of years and I will look forward to being there.

Warren