Grady (Buddy) Wright

Last farewells...

Moderator: Bill Roberts

charliemarks
Enter the number 5: 1

Grady (Buddy) Wright

Post by charliemarks »

We just received notice that Buddy Wright has passed away. He died Saturday October 9, 2004 from a heart attack. There will be no funeral. Bill Bowers has been in contact with his family and has talked with his brother, Butch, and sister, Brenda who raised Buddy.

Bill and Richie Siner had recently talked with Buddy shortly before his death and had a friendly chat that left them encouraged that we might see Buddy at the next reunion. Bill was called by the family because his phone number was among Buddy's effects. Bill had always been a friend and had tried to stay in touch with Buddy.

Here is a message from Brenda to Bill Bowers which I thought I should share.

"Bill, thank you so much for your call last night. You don't know what it meant to me. Hearing from someone who knew and loved Buddy all these many years is especially dear. I'm glad you and your family are doing well. Please tell Sue I said hello. Thank you for your prayers, concerns and for keeping in touch with Buddy all these years. He appreciated it even though he didn't always say it or show it. Please continue to pray for Butch as he tries to fulfill Buddy's last wishes and as he starts a life without his best friend in it."

I included their addresses here also, in case someone may want to send a card. They both are really hurting from this loss, especially Butch. I am going to send something to Brenda on behalf of our squadron. As I mentioned, there will not be a funeral.

Brenda Bowen 114 Clinton Dr. Rome, GA 3016, 706-234-7086

Butch Wright 1609 28th Street, Sacramento, CA 95816

A few years ago, Charlie Marks visited Buddy in Tybee Island GA where he was a postman. Charlie reconnected with an old friend in need and turned to 1st squadron for a little help. I hope that Charlie and everyone who wanted to help find some comfort in their efforts. Bill Douglas (916 848 0113) lives in Sacramento and has offered to help if there is anything we can do.

We have lost a friend and we will miss him.

Jake Morrison