Fall Falcon Heritage Forum

Use this forum for discussions concerning classmates, friends and family and general topics about the Class of 1965 and the Academy.

Moderator: Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts
Site Admin
SPAM Control: No
Enter the number 5: 5

Fall Falcon Heritage Forum

Post by Bill Roberts »

Received the following message directed to the Website Admin today. If anyone wants to volunteer, send a private message and I'll be glad to "nominate" you, especially since I don't meet the criteria myself. I think several of the Forum members surely qualify.

Dear USAFA class leader,

On October 7-9, the USAFA Center for Character Development will host its Fall Falcon Heritage Forum with the theme "Fifty Years of Honor." We will be inviting one representative from each of the first 36 graduating classes to speak to the 36 cadet squadrons, and that's where we'd like to solicit your help.

What we're looking for is someone from your class (perhaps even yourself)who will represent the very best of what the Academy stands for-someone who retired from or is still on active duty with a distinguished service record, who could successfully challenge the cadets to learn from, embrace, and imitate his or her example of integrity, service, and excellence. I would appreciate it very much if you could nominate two or three people from your class who would be willing to address the cadets. Please forward their names to me via return e-mail, or you may call me or Maj Gregg Girtin (DSN 333-2988, COMM 719-333-2988), and we will contact them.

Thank you very much for your support of the Academy and the cadet wing. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Respectfully,

Ch Jim Glass ('77)

Ch, Maj James M. (Jim) Glass

Chief, Excellence Division

Center for Character Development

2354 Fairchild Drive, Ste 4A26

USAFA CO 80840

DSN 333-8557

COMM 719-333-8557