Class of 1965 vis-a-vis Vulgarity

If it isn't about the Class of 1965 or the Academy, put it here.

Moderator: Bill Roberts

usafgrad
Enter the number 5: 1

Class of 1965 vis-a-vis Vulgarity

Post by usafgrad »

Greetings to my fellow Grads of 1965!
New Subject: Foolish and Wicked Practice of Profanity in Our Cadet Chapel.
At the risk of sounding less than patriotic and in awe and thanksgiving for our nation's leaders and aerial aces, I should like to address the most recent profane and worldly statements in our cadet chapel at the memorial service of General Robin Olds.
One of the speakers at the memorial service, published by video for all to see on the AOG website, suggested that the departed Ace, if he said anything concerning his departure to heaven exclaimed, "Sh-- hot ride!"
We members of the Class of 1965 were present at the dedication of the Chapel of the United States Air Force Acedemy after the correction of the "Leaky Chapel, Colorado" era, and can well remember to what the chapel was dedicated.
I believe that General Olds made no statement upon his death concerning his flight, that it is mere probable guessing that he made such a statement, and that any suggestion of such a statement was out of place at our Academy Chapel, and should be relegated to some lesser place than our beloved Chapel.
" The General is sorry to be informed that the foolish and wicked practice of profane cursing and swearing, a vice heretofore littlen known in an American Army, is growing into fashion. He hopes that the officers will by their example endevor to check it, and that both they and the men will reflect that little can we expect the blessings of heaven on our arms if we insult it by our impiety and folly. Added to this it is a vice so mean and low, without temptation, that every man of sense and character despises and detests it." So much from Gen Washington, from my recollection of CONTRAILS, Gray edition for class of 1965.
My continued thanks go out to our capable webmaster in handling the vagaries of this website. More later. Sincerely
usafgrad

Re: Class of 1965 vis-a-vis Vulgarity

Post by usafgrad »

Not one single, solitary response. Does anybody care in this age of degenerating morals and the passing of this nation as a God-fearing entity? It was an insult to me. Was it an insult to GOD? More later.
NoleGal

Post by NoleGal »

I'm pretty sure I would never dare to utter a curse word in church.
Tom Browder

Post by Tom Browder »

Sorry to be late to the dance, but I say "Amen, Bruddah," to George Washington and his words.
Tom Browder
Niceville, FL
USA